Opioid Abatement Funds:

In response to the opioid epidemic, Massachusetts joined many other States across the country, in nationwide lawsuits against opioid manufacturers, distributors, and pharmacies.  On July 21, 2021, Massachusetts received its first financial settlement from these resolved litigations that held several companies accountable for the role they played in the ongoing opioid crisis.  Since that time, Massachusetts has been involved in the resolution of addtional litigation.  Once the terms of these settlements are finalized, additional funds will be allocated to the State.  Read more on all opioid settlements received and pending.   

A portion of these abatement funds coming to Massachusetts (40%) are currently allocated to the cities and towns of the Commonwealth who have opted in to receiving said funds.  Distribution to the local level is scheduled to be on an annual basis, now through the year 2038.  The remaining funds (60%) will be allocated to the state's Opioid Recovery and Remediation Fund.

Foxborough and the Opioid Settlement Funds:

Foxborough is a participating municipality and will be receiving a portion of these settlement funds.  What is the total amount Foxborough is expected to receive?  View the proposed municipal abatement payments each Town is scheduled to receive related to each individual settlement.  If is important to note however, before the Town can begin using these funds, they must first be appropriated during the upcoming 2024 Town Meeting in May.

Allocating Funds in Foxborough:

Municipalities receiving opioid settlement funds are required to use the funds to supplement and strengthen efforts on substance use disorder prevention, harm reduction, treatment, and recovery.  A more in-depth review of what abatement activities are permissible with these funds, can be found in the following Massachusetts Abatement Terms document.  

Town of Foxborough - Opioid Crisis Community Survey:

Learn more about Foxborough's Opioid Settlement Funds Community Input Survey.

Current and Archived Overdose Data and Statistics:

View opioid overdose data and other statistics at the State and local level.
View the EMS Regional Opioid Related Incident Dashboard.

Substance Use Resources:

The State of Massachusetts and the Town of Foxborough are committed to helping those struggling or impacted by substance use or addition, get the help they need.  Below you will find a variety of resources related to substance use education, treatment and recovery.

  • 24/7 MA Behavorial Health Helpline - This Helpline is a public resource for finding licensed and approved substance use treatment and recovery services.  Call, Text, or Chat today!

  • Turning Point Recovery Support Center - A peer recovery support center available for the MetroWest Area cities/towns (including Foxborough).  As stated on their website, "Turning Point Peer Recovery Support Center connects individuals looking towards recovery to make their own decisions, to receive support, resources, and encouragement for all paths of recovery."  Learn more about their services and programs on their website. 

  • Drug Disposal Kiosk - Is available 24/7/365 and is located inside the lobby of the Foxborough Public Safety Building, 8 Chestnut Street (restrictions apply, please see kiosk for details).

  • Rehab.com - a helpful resource for those seeking treatment options near Foxborough.