This page was created to assist residents and their representatives, but it also helps the Conservation Office run more smoothly and efficiently.

Many of the above wetlands application forms are State (DEP) forms that have been modified to (1) reference Foxborough's Wetlands Protection Bylaw (Chapter 267) and, (2) remove references to coastal resource areas. Requiring only one application form (rather than two; one for the State and one for the Town) saves time and resources (for both the applicant and the Commission) by streamlining the wetland application filing process. Paper versions of the above (downloadable) forms are available at the Conservation Office in the Town Hall (2nd floor).

Please note that the Conservation Commission only accepts the above (combined State and Town) application forms, unless an applicant is only filing for a State or a Bylaw permit.

Wetland Application Forms

A wetland permit is required whenever a project or activity is proposed within 100 feet of a wetland or potential vernal pool, or within 200 feet of a river or stream. We understand that this can be confusing, so which wetland application should you use?

  • Request for Determination of Applicability (RFD) should be filed for simple projects within 100 feet of a wetland area (such as swimming pool installation or tree cutting project).
  • Notice of Intent (NOI) is often used for more complicated projects (such as a new house, a subdivision, or a commercial project).
  • Abbreviated Notice of Resource Area Delineation (ANRAD) should be filed before any large project, so that the site's wetland boundary lines can be reviewed and approved before any major project planning begins. 

If you have any questions, please contact the Conservation Office Staff, who will be happy to help you:

Jane Sears Pierce, Conservation Agent at [email protected] or
Diana Gray, Land Use Administrator at [email protected]

Thank you.