General Info:


Any construction work that involves work within the town right-of-way - including new driveway installations and new gas, water, or sewer services - requires that a street cut permit and a trench permit be submitted. Any construction must adhere to the bylaws and special provisions. Additionally, per Town Bylaw 235-3.A no construction is allowed on a street paved within the past five years. Here is a list of required documents and fees. 

Required Permits:

Bylaws and Provisions:

Five Year Moratorium:

Town Bylaws state that any new construction is prohibited if the street has been paved within the past five years. Check the Street Opening Moratorium List for 2021-2026 to ensure your street is not currently prohibited.